What is the CU Fire Retreat?
- CU Fire Retreat is a spiritual retreat where small groups of Christian around America meet for 1.5 days to seek the Lord together for spiritual rejuvenation. All groups follow the same schedule and watch simulcast messages 4 times during the retreat. Some groups meet in person, usually at someone’s home, and other groups meet virtually via Zoom.
How do I participate?
- Host a small group of your friends
- In a home/church or online
Hosts invite their friends to join their CU Fire Retreat group, either in their home, at their church, or even via Zoom. A host guides his/her group to follow the CU Fire Retreat schedule and watch the simulcast portions of the retreat. Anyone can apply to host a CU Fire Retreat group. If hosts recruit at least four participants to their group, the hosts' registration fee is refunded.
How many people are in the small group?
- Ideally 8-12 people, but groups can be larger or smaller and still take part.
How can I host a CU Fire Retreat?
- You have to apply to host a CU Fire Retreat group and then agree to CU’s statements of faith and ethics. CU staff will support you to make sure that your CU Fire Retreat group is a success!
How can I attend without hosting?
- You may be able to join a virtual open CU Fire Retreat group. You will be placed on a waitlist and notified when a virtual open group becomes available. There is no guarantee that a spot will be available.
Can I attend without hosting?
You may be able to join a virtual open CU Fire Retreat group. You will be placed on a waitlist and notified when a virtual open group becomes available. There is no guarantee that a spot will be available.
What is the schedule for CU Fire Retreats?
Typical Schedule (1.5 day)
6:00pm to 6:30pm Welcome and orientation
6:30pm to 7:30pm Testimonies
7:30pm to 8:30pm Teaching and Q&A (streamed)
8:30pm to 9pm Group Prayer
7:00am Arrival and Welcome
7:15am to 8:15am Worship (streamed or on-site) and Group Prayer
8:15am to 9:15am Teaching and Q&A (streamed)
9:15am to 11:30am Two Hours of Reading the Bible
11:30am to 12:15pm Discussion on the Reading
12:15pm to 12:45pm Group Prayer
12:45pm to 1:30pm Prayer for One Another
1:30pm to 2:30pm Teaching and Q&A (streamed)
2:30pm to 3:30pm Private Prayer
3:30pm to 4:15pm Listening to God
4:15pm to 5:45pm Meal: cooking, cleaning, and fellowship
5:45pm to 6:15pm Worship (streamed or on-site)
6:15pm to 7:15pm Teaching and Q&A (streamed)
7:15pm to 7:45pm Wrap-Up
7:45pm to 8:00pm Group Prayer
Can I come to CU Fire Retreat part of the time instead of the whole time?
- What makes CU Fire Retreats so impactful is the amount of time spent seeking the Lord. If you are unable to attend the entire time, we encourage you to sign up for a future CU Fire Retreat when you can for the duration of the event. You can already apply to host a future date.
What does CU Fire Retreat believe? Are they part of a denomination?
- CU Fire Retreats are a ministry of Christian Union. CU is a non-denominational Christian ministry which works with Christians from all traditions who have repented of their sins and confess Jesus as Lord and Savior. CU’s mission is to support local churches, pastors, and Christians to seek the Lord for revival and reformation in our country. You can read our statement of faith and ethics here.
Why is there a registration fee for CU Fire Retreats?
- The registration fee helps cover the cost of the event. Even though the event can be joined online, there are still various costs associated with each CU Fire Retreat. These costs include external expenses such as website/platform/app fees, speakers’ honorarium, and marketing the retreat. The cost also includes internal expenses such as CU associates who organize CUFR and support hosts to make each group a success!
Where does the registration money go?
- All registration fees go directly to the budget needed to produce each CUFR. If there are any funds raised that exceed covering the costs, direct and indirect, they will only go to furthering the ministry of CU and CU Fire Retreats, not to individual staff, ministers or groups.
FREE OFFER: Get the "Seeking God Lifestyle" Bible Course Manual. Download this 67-page, 5-lesson course in PDF format.