Christian Union Spiritus affords students involved with Christian Union Universities the incredible opportunity to undergo two weeks of drawing near to God and receiving top-tier Christian leadership development. Focused time is spent training students in knowledge, skill, and sacrifice, to become transformative Christian leaders, by the power of the Holy Spirit. At Spiritus, deep Christian friendships are cultivated, some of which will last a lifetime and serve as a platform for the cause of Christ. Whenever God’s people gather for extended periods of time to draw near to Him, like CU Spiritus, He comes close in extraordinary ways.
2 Timothy 2:1-2
You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also.
Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.
Psalm 105: 1-6
Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!
Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice!
Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!
Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered,
O offspring of Abraham, his servant, children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!
It is like the precious oil on the head, running down on the beard, on the beard of Aaron, running down on the collar of his robes!
It is like the dew of Hermon, which falls on the mountains of Zion!
For there the LORD has commanded the blessing, life forevermore.
- Dear Lord, we rejoice in You and seek Your strength and Your presence continually! We shout for joy to You, for Your steadfast love and faithfulness!
- Dear Lord, consecrate every student who has come to CU Spiritus, in the name of Jesus. Set them apart for the good things that You intend to do in their lives, that all would be accomplished, in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Lord, remember Your promise to complete the good work that You have begun in the life of every student at CU Spiritus, in Jesus’ name.
- Holy Spirit, give each student the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of You. Enlighten their hearts to know the hope to which You have called them, the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints, and the immeasurable greatness of Your power toward them.
- Father, put Your joy in their hearts so that they say, “The joy of the Lord is my strength!”
- Lord God, radically change every student at CU Spiritus, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, make CU Spiritus a turning point that brings about dramatic kingdom-impact and lasting life-change to the image of Christ, in Jesus’ name.
- Heavenly Father, deliver every student from the influence of evil and from the plans and afflictions of the evil one, in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Lord, put Your zeal in the heart of each student so that they adopt Daniel Spirituality - a commitment to walk in Your power and a lifestyle of seeking You with a burning heart.
- Holy Spirit, fill each one with all Your nature, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, empower each one with Your glorious might to be strong against sin, temptation, the devil, and the world, in Jesus’ name.
- O God, only by Your supernatural power can these prayers be answered, so stretch forth Your mighty right hand!
- Dear Lord, grant a single-minded focus on Christ, remembering His unbelievable love for us and His all-sufficient sacrifice to remove our sins from us as far as the east is from the west.
- Holy Father, bring unity that surpasses all divisions and personal interests. Bind everyone together in the bond that comes from our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Lord Jesus, develop maturity within each student at CU Spiritus.
- Our Lord, put in each heart a thirst to seek You, and then satisfy each one from the fountain of Your living waters.
- O Lord, let each student be one who worships You in spirit and in truth. Put words of grateful praise always on their lips.
- Father, call each student by name as You did Samuel. Let them hear and respond with obedient faith to Your great purposes, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, let CU Spiritus produce spiritual knowledge, understanding, and training that yields fruit that lasts, in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Lord, inspire faith through CU Spiritus that leads to incredible acts of obedience for the glory of Your name.
- Father in Heaven, foil every plan of the enemy that would prohibit Your work at CU Spiritus, in Jesus’ name.
- Heavenly Father, remember Your promise to be our healer. Heal wounds in body and soul so that Your people may be healthy and strong in You, in Jesus’ name.
- Mighty God, deliver each student from everything that is holding them back from living for You wholeheartedly.
- Holy Spirit, reveal and mend any areas that are not submitted to You. Bring about full surrender and yieldedness to Your will, in Jesus’ name.
- Holy Spirit, let the oil of Your presence pour over those gathered in Your name and let the dew of Your goodness settle on them, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord Jesus, let the greater works You promised come through these believers because You are seated at the Father’s right hand.
- O Father, do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, in Jesus’ name!
- Heavenly Father, conform each student to the image of Jesus Christ.
- Holy Spirit, move every heart to resist the devil and draw near to You, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, give genuine repentance to each student. Purify Your people, in Jesus’ name.
- Holy Spirit, manifest Yourself at the Moody Center, in Jesus’ name. Come like a mighty rushing wind. Shake the place where all are gathered. Descend on each one with tongues of fire to declare the glories of our God.
- Lord, come to every teaching session, time of worship, and prayer gathering. Come to the rooms where students are sleeping and give them Your blessed peace and speak to them in their dreams. Come to the meal tables and direct conversations to be profitable and life-giving. Be on the grounds of the Moody Center, so that every interaction and every private moment spent seeking Your face or enjoying Your creation will be as it is in heaven, in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Lord, equip every CU faculty member with the power of the kingdom to minister to the students. Anoint every conversation, discipleship meeting, prayer time, healing need, deliverance ministry, teaching and preaching. Send the Holy Spirit to fill CU faculty members so that their spiritual gifts build up the body of Christ to reach maturity and unity, in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Lord, meet each student and don’t pass over one, in Jesus’ name.
- Father, sustain those praying and fasting for CU Spiritus. Give them Your mind to pray in the Spirit and faith to believe Your power and promises, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, don’t let the impact of Spiritus stop with a strong feeling of affection but let it be matched with a devotion of effort to obey You and serve You with full abandon, in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Father, direct the planning of CU Spiritus and prepare each minister and student to receive and be transformed by the power of the Spirit, in Jesus’ name.
- Mighty God, let minds be transformed and shackles be broken, resulting in a new way of godly living, new levels of faithfulness, and next steps of obedience, in Jesus’ mighty name.
- Dear Lord, manage every logistical detail in preparation of Spirius, and let all arrive safely and on time, so that all will receive the full ministry You have intended for these two weeks, in Jesus’ name.
- Holy Spirit, burn away all division, envy, evil suspicion, gossip, slander, and anything that would divide Your people at CU Spiritus, in Jesus’ name.
- Dear Lord, see that Spiritus produces deep friendships and ministry partnerships that would mark students for their whole lives and bear eternal fruit for Jesus’ name.
FREE OFFER: Get the "Seeking God Lifestyle" Bible Course Manual. Download this 67-page, 5-lesson course in PDF format.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with